b

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Could I have been wrong about the Chronicles of Riddick?

Chronicles of Riddick Unrated Directors Cut on DVD
If it had been like this in theaters, I wouldn't have been so hard on it


If I had seen this movie in the theatres I would have been a little bit more pleased. Now some of you may remember how I bashed this movie when I saw it in the theatres. You can find that in my archieves. Anyway when I first heard that they were adding 15 minutes to the movie I thought it may be like adding cancer to AIDS. Thankfully, that was not the case. I actually enjoyed this because, get this, the story actually made sense this time. The 15 extra minutes did wonders for this movie. Now this movie is by no means a masterpiece but at least it is watchable now. Vin Diesel delivers a decent performance as Riddick and the supporting cast is also pretty good. I will however say that the first 15 minutes are still pretty seizure inducing as there are flashes everywhere. This is just a summary of the movie as I will not give this movie a full review as I am saving a full review for a different movie that I shall review tomorrow. Anyway riddick, you did ok I guess. I can admit to being wrong to an extent. However I stand by my original review about the theatrical version as that version pretty much sucks. So what score will Riddick get this time?

Final Score
3.5/5 (Happy now Robert?)

Check back tomorrow for my review of "Without A Paddle" starring Seth Green. Oh that is gonna be a fun one....



1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about how we as a society are so hooked onto electronics. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes less expensive, the possibility of downloading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.

(Submitted using rrPost for R4i Nintendo DS.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home