b

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Angel: The Complete First Season on DVD
I’ve Lived 16 years and thought I’d seen everything, than I saw this DVD set

Hey crew, I’ve been away for wwwaaayyy too long. Anyway I’ll try to update more but no promises considering I do have something that resembles a social life. Anyway onto the review itself. Let me say that having been a fan of Buffy for sometime, I didn’t know if I would get the same satisfaction from Angel that I did from Buffy. Let me say that in fact, I did. After finishing the set I found myself longing for more and the next season is out, I just haven’t gotten it yet because I’m poor. This show follows everybody’s favorite vamp with a soul, angel, into the seedy underbelly of LA. Angel feeling that he has no purpose in LA is than confronted by a half demon named Doyle. He than runs into Cordelia at a actors party and they eventually start a P.I. Business. During the coarse of the season we see the death of a character, a introduction of a new character, and one of the best cliffhanger endings I’ve seen in a long time. There were however some bad parts of this season because this season had yet to break out of the Buffy spin-off cliché. Some of the episodes were just retarded and unnecessary such as Expecting, and She. The season opener was well done along with a decent season long big bad of sort. My favorite episodes were the ones that included flashbacks. Anyway the features of this set were quite good, however I was disappointed by the fact that only two episodes had commentary. There were also some scripts for episodes and my favorite the season overview. Overall I enjoyed this set and you will to if you’re into Buffy and maybe even if you’re not. Be reviewing season two soon I hope!

4 out of 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home