b

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

News on Hellboy DVD and news about current status of Happy Show

Here is a Email Matt sent me about another Hellboy DVD release:

Here's a tip: Wait until October to buy "Hellboy," unless you absolutely just can't wait. Here's why:

In October, a three-disc director's cut with 15 minutes of extra footage sliced from the theatrical release, as well as improved bonus materials, of "Hellboy" will be released. The first, del Toro says, 'is for the fan of the movie; the second will be for the collector.'

Del Toro was motivated by both vision and viewer. Hellboy's deluxe version will include not only more plot details, but also unusual bonus materials, such as a ROM feature that will allow fans to read and download the screenplay.

Says del Toro: It has "a lot of extras I felt would be really great to have as a collector. ... It's really loaded."

Though the article didn't say it, apparently, Del Toro is also motivated by money. Feh.

So, save your pennies for October. Me, I'm passing on the "Hellboy" DVD being released today. Hollywood is getting silly about these "Special Editions" and milking us, the viewers, a little too much, in my opinion.

Ok that was Matt's Email about a THREE DISC edition of Hellboy. I liked Hellboy ok but WHAT COULD THEY POSSIBLY PUT ON A THIRD DISC?! Sounds like they are doing what Underworld, Texas Chainsaw Masssacre, and Lord of the Rings did, milking every penny out of the fans.

Anyway the Happy Show is currently still up in the air and we might go DVD only or something but I will assure you I will not leave the Public Access eye. If I have to and if the Happy Show is truly over I will spinoff on my own show. If I do, remember where you heard it at first!!

Gavin

PS: I saw I,Robot and I, liked it, review soon


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home